Sunday, October 29, 2006


Hi, finally managed to get myself organised and hopefully will be getting some pictures up here.
I promised my mum a blanket for mothers day last year, then said it would be Christmas (2005) and then mothers day this year..... Well. Its done!
Never again - 144 squares using a 3.75mm hook (F) and what was suppose to be 8 ply but it seemed much finer. Crocheting the actual squares was OK but then I decided to go around them all in cream, that got a tad frustrating but sewing it together - that's another story. She almost got a box of squares. You can tell I have never done a blanket in squares can't you?
Well here it is - all 2.2m (7'2") square.

3 Comments:

Blogger jmk said...

Yeah, putting an afghan together is my LEAST favourite part, but it is satisfying to see the end result. And yours is very nice - I love the colours together and the random layout.

Judy in UK (followed your link from Crochet Partners)

6:34 AM  
Blogger Ronnie Anderson said...

The final project is beautiful though! All the hard work is well worth the effort!

Great job.

Ronnie

8:48 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

Thankyou ladies, your comments are very much appreciated.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home