Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mum's Blanket is finally finished


I have finally finished it. My mum asked me to do a traditional "granny square" blanket for her bed. She chose the colours and off I went. I think this was about 2 years ago - she understands. I made 100 squares whilst i was sitting at bus stops and waiting at dancing lessons. I then remembered I had to put the cream boarder around them so off I went again although this time it seemed more like progress. Unfortunately I didn't sew in the ends as I went and each square had 4 of the horrid little things. Finally managed to get that done, once again that was something I could do 'on the go' so to speak. Then I had to sew it together. That's when it went into the basket and stayed there. Fortunately mum 'understands' and worries that I am to busy, in actual fact i am just not interested in sewing squares together. However it is done............ (happy dance). It fits a queen bed without a problem hanging almost to the floor. it is really heavy so i am not sure what is going to happen about washing it, that's a problem for later. Mum's happy and so am I.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Bethel of Bethania said...

What a great job you have done... I can imagine the weight of it... I made on for my Grandson & it was only the size of a king-sized single & all acrylic & it was heavy enough...
Like you say you are both happy & that is what matters most...

10:50 PM  
Blogger -- G. said...

I also stall at the sewing stuff together. I have a sweater that has been at that stage now for half a year... =)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Teena said...

It looks like a great rug, well done! <3

5:54 PM  
Blogger jeannie said...

Well, it's lovely. I understand about a lonnng project. My son's blanket was started in 2001. I think he was 11. It's not 20 rows in - he's learned to knit and crochet so he'll finish it most likely. Maybe before he's 25. ;0)

12:14 PM  
Blogger DaCraftyLady said...

I really love this what stitches did you use to sew the squares together? I have many UFO but I am actually starting to get to them now as I lined them up and when I finish one I am off to another.. :) Great work

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home